Sunday, December 9, 2018

Business sector/finance careers similar to software developement in process?


I like the concept of software engineering and project management. I like that you take a certain desired functioning and you cognitively break it down into pieces of smaller functions that you would share to those who code and have the practical knowledge to do the detail work. But I also find little interesting in coding itself, and I see it as a means to an end to learn(learn coding->2-3 years of software developement experience->software project manager). I do like money though, and I love the concepts of economics and how businesses operate on a big picture. I like thinking about the components of a successful business, and the environment.An example of software cognition would be like "i have a big list of numbers and I want to know the sum of all of the numbers when you add 5 to each of them." So I could either break that into "take each of the numbers, add 5, then add them all up" or "learn the amount of numbers, sum all existing numbers, then add (5*amount of numbers) for the total sum desired)My question is: what in finance operates similarly? Is there any finance jobs that are focused more on breaking down concepts into achievable pieces? I thought of financial advising briefly because the idea is "person comes in with desired goals, then in each element of their life they will need a plan to achieve the desired outcome of that element of their life to all come together to achieve the overall life goal" but I learned in reality the job is more about maintaining client relationships and more about sales/selling packages to clients. Not as much cognitive work and too much sales work I guess. via /r/business https://ift.tt/2EclRAb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

That postcard in the mail about money from a Premera Blue Cross breach settlement is real

If you got a postcard in the mail saying you have money coming from Premera Blue Cross, don't throw it away. It's not junk mail and...

Popular Posts