Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I am meeting a potential investor, how much money should I ask for and how much equity should I give? (From India)


I read a lot of stuff about investors & equity share online & it seems to me that there is no particular structure that everyone follows & different scenarios lead to different deals, plus I am completely new to this and this would be the first time that I would get any kind of investment so I felt that I should explain my case and get advice on what kind of deal I should try to get.I am from India & I am 26. I have been mostly making comedy youtube videos for other youtube channels so far, one of these videos involved monies around $150,000 & has over 2 million views on youtube. I have also completed one web series. I have been making youtube videos for my own channel for the past few months but haven't made anything exceptional yet with no exceptional results. (My youtube channel has 73 subscribers & 3000 total channel views)Coming to the kind of deal I should be making. So this potential investor is a friend of my father. And he'll probably fund me anywhere between $25,000 to $50,000 & this will spread over 1 year. He might give me more money after an year if he sees good results, but I am not sure about that (My father had a conversation with him so all of this info is coming from that).So considering these things what profit share should I give him? (This profit share will probably turn into equity once we become Private limited but I don't know for sure, maybe he would always want a profit share). My guess is that I should give him 20 to 30%. But he might ask for 50%, what should I do if he does? And I don't know if I'll find any other investor right now and I need the money to buy some equipment, be able to hire freelancers and spend some money on marketing.Sorry for the long post. via /r/business http://ift.tt/2DND3Jh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

That postcard in the mail about money from a Premera Blue Cross breach settlement is real

If you got a postcard in the mail saying you have money coming from Premera Blue Cross, don't throw it away. It's not junk mail and...

Popular Posts