Sunday, September 30, 2018

Stuck in a box?


I have been self employed for 7-8 years, was homeschooled, finished college recently online with a BSBA (I did pretty well in some areas and enjoy international business subject wise), and am in my mid 20's now. I've been considering what to do--as I have a business that I'm working in that barely pays all my bills, work 2-3 days a week, and it's not scalable (I'm trying hard but with no college I see too many obstacles for growth)--not easily at least. I am stuck making the products, marketing them, handling customer calls, warehousing the machinery, and banging my head against the wall trying to sell more of a niche thing.One gentlemen said I'm "in a box" who's done a lot of corporate work (Similar field to mine) and the best thing to do is likely take a corporate job for 10-15 years then start another business. I have to admit--I've had plenty of headaches thinking of how to expand my niche, and "dominate" my little island. (My specialties include some CAD/CAM, CNC, product design, customer service, online sales/e-Commerce, selling customers on $$ products from listings I produce, and other things you'd find in a one man show)In the end who's gone from Entrepreneur to corporate? Did you somehow manage to secure a part time job, be treated seriously in your "part time", and keep your business running a few days a week?How did you find a position that didn't feel too constrictive, exploited your abilities, and grew you?I'd like to get into a part time corp job sometime, and get indoctrinated some before I'm in my 30's making half of what I could since I never switched it up. via /r/business https://ift.tt/2ybpoKv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

That postcard in the mail about money from a Premera Blue Cross breach settlement is real

If you got a postcard in the mail saying you have money coming from Premera Blue Cross, don't throw it away. It's not junk mail and...

Popular Posts